Our Duke MBA profile will supply you with the basic information you need when considering applying to Duke MBA. Our Admission Consultants are happy to help you decide if Duke is the right school for you.
|Application Periods:||Application Deadline:||Notification from the board:|
|ROUND 1||Oct. 20, 2014||Dec. 19, 2014|
|ROUND 2||Jan. 5, 2015||Mar. 13, 2015|
|ROUND 3||Mar. 19, 2015||May 6, 2015|
Required Short Answer Questions (250 characters or about 50 words each)
1. What are your short-term goals, post-MBA?
2. What are your long-term goals?
3. Life is full of uncertainties, and plans and circumstances can change. As a result, navigating a career requires you to be adaptable. Should the short-term goals that you provided above not materialize what alternative directions have you considered?
1. The “Team Fuqua” spirit and community is one of the things that sets The Duke MBA experience apart, and it is a concept that extends beyond the student body to include faculty, staff, and administration. When a new person joins the Admissions team, we ask that person to share with everyone in the office a list of “25 Random Things About Yourself.” As an Admissions team, we already know the new hire’s professional and academic background, so learning these “25 Random Things” helps us get to know someone’s personality, background, special talents, and more.
In this spirit, the Admissions Committee also wants to get to know you—beyond the professional and academic achievements listed in your resume and transcript. You can share with us important life experiences, your likes/dislikes, hobbies, achievements, fun facts, or anything that helps us understand what makes you who you are. Share with us your list of “25 Random Things” about YOU.
Please present your response in list form, numbered 1 to 25. Some points may be only a few words, while others may be longer. Your complete list should not exceed 2 pages.
2. When asked by your family, friends, and colleagues why you want to go to Duke, what do you tell them? Share the reasons that are most meaningful to you.
Your response to this essay question should be no more than 2 pages in length. Please respond fully and concisely using 1.5 line spacing.
If you feel there are extenuating circumstances of which the Admissions Committee should be aware, please explain them in an optional essay (e.g. unexplained gaps in work, choice of recommenders, inconsistent or questionable academic performance, or any significant weakness in your application). 2 pages maximum.
Total Enrollment: approx. 443
Percent Admitted: 26%
Yield: Not Published
GMAT Average: 698
GMAT Score Range: 660-720 (middle)
Average Age 28
Average GRE Q Not Published
Average GRE V Not Published
Average GPA Not Published
Health Care: 45%
Engineering and IT: 5%
Consulting and Government: 28%
Industry: Percent: Median Base Salary:
Consulting 40% $130,000
Consulting 37% $130,000
Strategic Business Planning 3% $115,000
Finance 22% $100,000
Investment Banking 7% $100,000
Finance 6% $110,000
Investment Management 2% $100,000
Sales & Trading 2% $100,000
Asset Management 2% $100,000
Commercial Banking <1% Not Published Accounting/Audit/Tax <1% Not Published Ventrue Capital <1% Not Published Equity Research <1% Not Published Private Client Services <1% Not Published Private Equity <1% Not Published General Management 16% $100,000 General Management 10% $102,500 Management Development Program 3% 105,000 Business Development 2% $80,000 Leadership Development <1% Not Published Marketing 17% $103,000 Marketing 12% $105,000 Brand/Product Management 4% $100,000 Sales <1% Not Published Market Research <1% Not Published Operations 3% $117,500 Other 2% $107,500 Career Hiring Class of 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 Accepted Offer by Graduation 83% 68% 64% 77% 80% Accepted Offer 3 months out 92% 76% 77% 88% Not Available Median Base Salary $95,500 $100,000 $100,000 $101,400 $103,000 Median Signing Bonus $20,000 $20,000 $20,000 $25,000 $25,000 [/tab] [tab title="Class Profile"] Female 45% International 43% U.S. Minority Not Published Region Africa 0% Asia 15% Europe 3% North America 64% Latin America and the Caribbean 8% Oceania 0% Dual Citizenship 8% Experience Mean Work Experience 62 months Mean Age 28 Enrollment Total 1,713 Full-Time MBA 887 Executive MBA 594 PhD Program 85 [/tab] [tab title="Other"] School Ranking Business Week 6 US News 12 Program Costs Resident $104,304.00 Nonresident $104,304.00 Recommended Annual Budget (Resident) $71,859.00 Recommended Annual Budget (Nonresident) $71,859.00 Alumni Total Living Alumni 14,874 Joint Degrees MBA/JD (Law) MBA/MD (Medicine) MBA/MEM (Environmental Management) MBA/MPP (Public Policy) MBA/MF (Forestry) [/tab] [/tabs] [/grid_two_thirds] [grid_one_third][/grid_one_third] [/row]